Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Florida 2011 - Last day at Disney :(


30th September

This was our last day at Bay Lake Tower before we head to South Carolina. We were going to go to Epcot for the first day of the food and wine festival. As we knew the park would be really busy we decided not to go for the whole day but just to go for the afternoon and evening.

We went over to Downtown Disney to pick up some gifts and to get another sandwich from the Earl of Sandwich – I just love this place! Really wanted to get a dessert from Ghiradelli but they just looked too big and I didn’t want to waste it. One of these days I will remember and skip lunch and go right for dessert!

Back to the resort to do some more laundry and get some of our stuff packed up before heading over to Epcot.

We took the monorail over which is one of the big attractions of Bay Lake Tower for me. We can walk/monorail to the Magic Kingdom and monorail to Epcot – my two favourite parks!

Just after we walked through the entrance we saw Daisy doing a meet and greet and she had no line! So I went to meet her and Rob was taking my picture, then the photopass photographer offered to take one of both of us with her. Rob didn’t really want a photo but he got one anyway!

We went to see if there were any Soarin’ fastpasses left for later and surprisingly there were but the time clashed with our dinner reservation and we wanted to watch Illuminations after so we didn’t bother getting one. Instead we headed over to the world showcase as I wanted to squash some more pennies – we had run out of pennies the other day and I wanted a penny from each country.

We went into the UK pavilion and right at the back found Tigger and Pooh again! As I had Rob with me I decided I should meet them this time! So I got my photo taken with them as well!

We wandered around the world showcase for a bit and then took the boat from Germany to Mexico – a bit lazy but I was wearing new shoes and didn’t want to hurt my feet! In Mexico we rode the little boat ride which is always fun.

Around in Norway the queue for Maelstrom was over 30 minutes so I got a fastpass for later. We did a bit more wandering before coming back a short while later to ride with no wait thanks to the fastpass!

We had a dinner reservation at Via Napoli for 7.45 so we checked in and were seated a few minutes later. We had pizza and salad and it was quite nice to eat with proper knives and forks for a change!

Once we were done we had to trek back around the world showcase so that I could get a chocolate lava cake from the Ireland stand for dessert and then find a spot to watch the fireworks.

It was busy so there were no great spots but we found one that was reasonable and so stopped there. Illuminations were great as always – although I do wish the globe thing took less time!

Once the fireworks were over we headed back to the monorail. We got back to the resort and went to bed as we had an early start the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment