Monday, July 7, 2014

The cheeky not so bargain trip! Part 5


Day 6

This morning we were headed to Epcot, not exactly sure what time we arrived but I know it was around 10am as that was when I had our first FP+ booked.

Somehow I got confused and mixed up the order of our FP so we walked across to Mission Space (including the line to get a blue Mickey) before realising that we should have been at Spaceship Earth! So we doubled back and skipped the 30 minute line that had formed :) About the only time that a FP seems worthwhile on this ride!

Then we killed time until our Mission Space window opened by taking the tour of the Vision House in Innoventions.

Back to Mission Space for our actual FP time! I’m sure this ride seemed less intense than the last time we rode it....we remember stuggling to press the buttons but we didn’t have any problems this time around.

We had skipped breakfast so we went over to the Land to find some food before Soarin’. We both had a sandwich which was pretty good – we always struggle to find food here as although we like the sound of some of the meals they all have odd combinations!

Onto Soarin’ which was fab as normal – I asked to wait for the front row and the cast member kindly agreed. As this was going to be my only ride of the trip I wanted to avoid the dangling feet :) When we got off Living with the Land had a posted 10 minute wait so we went for a quick trip – I’m pretty sure we didn’t actually wait that long!

We left the Land and decided to visit the fishes. Quick ride on Nemo which was showing a 15 minute wait but again wasn’t actually that long.  The dolphins were hiding out again today but we saw quite a few turtles and fishies.

Before heading to the World Showcase we stopped at a kiosk to see what was available for a 4th FP. As expected there was no availability for Test Track so I picked Maelstrom for just before we wanted to leave the park (around 4pm).
 
 

We started off around the world and quickly hopped onto the boat ride in Mexico, I looked at the Donald line but it was already quite long and he wasn’t even there at the time!

We had planned to get some soft serve ice cream at the outpost but they have stopped selling it and now do frozen yoghurt :( Luckily we found our favourites at the US pavilion.

We decided to watch the American Adventure for the first time – bit odd that they still include Lance Armstrong despite his history.

I experienced an annoying issue with the My Disney Experience app at this point – I thought I would see if there was any chance of swapping our FP for Test Track and surprisingly it offered me them! BUT it didn’t tell me that it was at a different time to my existing slot! So, I lost Maelstrom and couldn’t do Test Track as it clashed with our dinner reservation.

We continued around the world but had to speed up a little as it started raining. We got back to the UK and I hoped to meet Pooh and Tigger but I got there just as they closed the line :(

I did manage to switch my FP for one to the Character Spot so we headed there before leaving. As it had been raining we found Chip and Dale meeting inside in the corridor which was nice.
 
Then I headed into the Character Spot to meet Mickey, Goofy and Minnie.









We headed back to the room to get ready for dinner – we were off to the Yachtsman tonight. We drove across and parked up, we were a little early so we sat on some chairs off the lobby for a few minutes before checking in.

We had a table overlooking Stormalong Bay.
 
I had the filet mignon and Rob had the new York strip which he decided needed a side order of chorizo and peppers.
 
Afterward I had the chocolate peanut cake and Rob had a sundae – these were both yummy!
 
 
I had to finish Rob’s for him cos he was too full after his steak and chorizo...!

No comments:

Post a Comment