Sunday, March 20, 2022

A short notice (covid style) trip to Delaware! Day 1

Fri 18th Feb

Today was my birthday and Jen had very kindly made me a birthday cake!



We had breakfast at home and then at our request went to Target to do some shopping! We stocked up on all our favourites – theatre boxes for our cinema room and loads of other candy!





I also took this photo:



Does anyone know if PG Tips is really England's No1 Tea?

We spent something like $135 mostly on sweets – the cashier seemed amused and the man behind us in the queue was definitely judging us!

Jen and Tom then indulged us with a trip to Lowe’s where we had a look at all the amazing DIY stuff. We also bought some carpenters pencils because they came with a sharpener which we hadn’t seen before!

Final thing on my birthday wishlist was Panera bread for lunch where we got a variety of treats. I had a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup which was soooo good. We of course had cake for dessert 





We spent the afternoon at the house, we were introduced to some games on the Nintendo Switch which Rob and I were pretty awful at but we had fun anyway!

We decided on a mix of sandwiches and burgers for dinner from a local restaurant which I think was Kid Shelleens. We had a colder walk tonight and we were glad we had brought our hats and scarfs with us! I forgot to take a photo though 

No comments:

Post a Comment