Friday, March 14, 2014

Disney Feb 14 – Family Trip! Part 2


Day 2 (3rd Feb)

The kids woke up a little later this morning – around 6am. Then there was swimming and breakfast and all sorts. Not exactly sure what time we left today but I think we arrived at Epcot at around 11.

I headed into guest services to pick up our paper fast passes and then went to get FP+ sorted. I had hoped to get Illuminations viewing for our tier 1 but ended up with Soarin’ I think. Along with Nemo and Spaceship Earth (just to use them up!)

As we were quite late arriving I decided to skip Future World and head directly to the World Showcase. I actually sent the others across while I sorted FP+. When I got there they were meeting Duffy. I considered hopping in the line but they were almost at the front so I didn’t bother.

Onward to Mexico and we went on the boat ride and then the kids got a Duffy Bear and an Agent P to colour in around the world. We made a deal to do a little bit of colouring in each country :)

Next up Norway and Maelstrom – I think we waited about 10 or 15 minutes. Then we did a little more colouring. Sharna looked at the line for the Frozen princesses and thought it was quite short. What she didn’t realise was that it was only a section of the line...! I guessed at a wait of 3 hours and the cast member grinned!

We gradually continued around taking photos and looking around the countries. Leona was wearing her birthday badge and at a few of the countries they wrote ‘Happy Birthday’ in their language on her Duffy bear along with her name.
 
We stopped for lunch in the USA – not that original for a food choice but some of our group aren’t particularly adventurous when it comes to food.

We continued around – with me desperately trying to get them back to FW before our first FP+ window closed (at around 4pm).

We got to the UK and I nipped out the back to see if Pooh and Tigger were busy. They weren’t so I grabbed Blake and Sharna to take them for a meet and greet. There was nobody waiting so we walked straight in and got a photo – although the photopass photographer didn’t seem that keen on taking a picture :-/
 
 
We finished up in Canada and had managed to get all the flags and stamps from the countries :)

We managed to get to Nemo for our first FP+ although we didn’t really need to use it. Then we parked the pushchair and went into the Land.

We started off with Living with the Land and then went across to Soarin’ where I think we used a paper fastpass. I requested the front row experience so that Kev, Sharna and the kids didn’t get to see feet on their first go!

We went back and found Paul, Tracey and Charlie in Sunshine Seasons. We were getting hungry so we had a mixture of dinner and cake :)

Then once we were done we headed across to Spaceship Earth. We left Paul and Tracey with Charlie as he doesn’t like the dark. We used our FP+ even though the wait was non-existent!

Next up was Test Track with a paper fast pass while we left Paul and Tracey out with Charlie again.
We decided to take Blake on Mission Space Green to see what he thought of it. Only Rob, Kevin and I went with him though as nobody else wanted to go on the ride. This only had a 10 minute wait.

We did consider taking him back on Orange but the kids were getting tired and so it was decided that they would go home with Paul and Tracey whilst the four of us would stay for Illuminations.

We still had FP+ booked so Rob and I went for another go on Soarin’ whilst Kev and Sharna went to find a spot for fireworks and to get a quick drink.

We agreed to meet somewhere near the UK and found them next to the Rose and Crown.

We had a tree to the side of us but otherwise we had a pretty good view. Annoyingly we had a very odd lady appear beside us who insisted on taking photos on her SLR with the flash which was very off-putting as she had her camera right next to Kev’s face and it was blinding...!

I asked her politely if she could stop using her flash (which we all know wouldn’t have been enhancing her photos) but her response was “I’m allowed to use flash to get a good photo”. And whilst she might be correct it is a shame that she couldn’t use a bit of common courtesy......

I would however love to have seen the results of her fabulous photos!
 
 
Once the show was over we headed back to the villa.

No comments:

Post a Comment