Saturday, March 29, 2014

June 14 Pre-trip: The cheeky bargain trip.....


So, 3 Disney trips in a year should be enough for anyone right?

Rob, Mary Poppins and Me in September 2013!

Except our annual passes run out in September and they were burning a hole in my pocket. Then I saw a bargain deal with Cosmos (liked to clubcard offers with Tesco) which meant we could get a week away for £399 per person – we upgraded the car hire and our total came out at £940 so we went ahead and booked a week in June!

Our package includes hotel accommodation at ‘Ramada Gateway, Kissimmee’ and having read a few reviews on tripadvisor I was starting to worry about whether we would be happy staying here.
 
I found a great price for a night at the Grand Floridian and booked our last night here as a special treat using my Birthday money :)

Following several weeks of deliberation I then started investigating other options for the rest of our trip. I did find an excellent price for a villa but Rob wanted to be a little closer to the action.
I found a good price for the ‘Doubletree By Hilton at the Entrance to Universal Orlando’ using some of our Hilton points so I booked 3 nights here and then decided to splurge a little and use some of our DVC points for 3 nights at the Animal Kingdom villas in a Savannah view studio.
I had to borrow from our 2015 allocation but as we aren’t planning a Disney trip next year that shouldn’t be a problem :)

So, the cheeky bargain trip had become a little more expensive but I think we’ll enjoy it more now – and we might stop in for a little visit to Universal this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment