Friday, August 7, 2015

Trip number 11, how much does it cost to spend 2 weeks off site?! Day 12


Thursday 18th – steps 24864

Today we were having lunch at Be Our Guest (having cancelled all 3 breakfast reservations due to them being too early in the day!) – to reassure anyone who is struggling to get reservations I got this one the day before when we rearranged our plans!

We checked in and joined the line to order our food; there didn’t appear to be a huge time saving by pre-ordering and Rob doesn’t like having everything planned in advance! 

I had the Turkey sandwich and Rob had the Croque Monsieur, we also ordered chocolate cupcakes for dessert. I still haven’t worked out how to request no tomato or onion so had to remove them when the food arrived.









We picked a table in the ballroom – mainly because there were very few available – and I got our drinks and cutlery. The food was yummy but as I was still recovering from my bug I didn’t have the appetite to eat my whole sandwich.

After lunch we decided to do a few rides (which turned into an experiment in how many FP we could use in one day) so we started off with Philharmagic which was actually quite busy for once! 

Next we decided to head to Tomorrowland, the speedway had a posted wait of 30 minutes but we practically walked on! 



We then had a FP for Space Mountain and while we were in the area we had a quick spin on the Peoplemover. I picked up some socks in the Space Mountain shop as I had somehow managed to pack less pairs than I needed for our trip! So now I have 3 pairs of cute Mickey socks!



Our next FP was for Splash Mountain so we headed across and this time we got our ride photo (our strategy of scanning our bands everywhere was working)! 



We were criss-crossing the park somewhat as we had originally booked our 3rd FP for the Festival of Fantasy parade but it was mega hot again so we had switched it…which in the end meant that our 3rd choice was now Buzz Lightyear so back to Tomorrowland we went! 



Rob was out to prove how much better at this ride he is than me and so he was properly concentrating on the ride….as can be seen from the ride photo!

After the ride we headed to a FP kiosk to see what was available for our next ride; we selected Haunted Mansion with a start time that was only a few minutes away so we walked over and got straight on the ride, bypassing a wait of around 30 minutes!

We headed to the FP kiosk next to Philharmagic to see what our latest options were and this time we selected Winne the Pooh – again the FP start time was a few minutes away and due to the short distance we did have to wait before we could enter the line. 

The standby line was again somewhere between 20 – 30 minutes and we walked straight in; this ride is cute but I wouldn’t wait in a line for it.

In quick succession we then got more FP for Buzz Lightyear (Rob won again) then It’s a Small World and The Magic Carpets of Aladdin.

Each of the FP start times were shortly after our selection time and each time we skipped a 20 – 30 minute posted wait time.



Our next FP selection was for Under the Sea which frankly was a waste – when we got there I think there was possibly one party in the standby line! We decided to head into Storybook Circus to see what the wait times were for the characters. 

Both lines were posted as 15 minutes and I chose Goofy and Donald, once inside it was clear that they had the shorter wait. I had a fun experience with Goofy who appeared to quite like my stripy top and wanted more stripes on his outfit!



Donald was fab as always – I have a Donald magicbandit and pointed it out to him……which always results in lots of dancing around and a generally happy duck.



On our way out we decided to get a snack – I had chocolate peanut fudge and Rob got a cookie - mine was soooo yummy but also sooooo sweet. 

We were close to Tomorrowland so headed across for a spin on the speedway, we practically walked on again in the standby line. I’m fairly sure that I decided to drive our car today which resulted in absolute chaos as I cannot steer those things! (I can however manage an actual car)

The lines were getting really short now so we decide to have another spin on Buzz Lightyear in the standby line before finding a spot to watch Wishes; no giant heads today which was great!



We decided not to leave the park straight away and had selected another FP which was Jungle Cruise, I think there was only a short line anyway but it probably got us on one boat sooner than the standby line. I really enjoy this ride and the corny jokes, having done the Keys to the Kingdom tour last year we found out some fun facts about the ride which was good.

Finally on our way out Rob decided we needed to experience the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse, not entirely sure why as there isn’t huge amount to see in the dark…! 







We realised on the way out that we hadn’t eaten anything this evening so we headed to the Contempo Cafe for a flatbread for Rob and a kids turkey sandwich for me (as the adult sandwiches are always too big) before heading back to the hotel.

Costs: 

Parking $17
Cookie and fudge $8.93
2 x drinks and 3 pack socks $28.47
BOG lunch $39.77
Contempo Cafe (flatbread and kids turkey sand meal) $21.48

No comments:

Post a Comment