Friday, February 2, 2018

No Disney?! A winter getaway to Washington DC and Delaware! Day 4

13th Dec 

Another breakfast at the hotel - today I had waffles and Rob had another omelette. I'm pretty sure that today is the day I put maple syrup in my coffee as I confused it and the milk jug! 

Today was forecast to be absolutely freezing and so we decided that it would be a good day for us to go shopping.

We headed to the nearest metro station and got ourselves smart cards loaded with $10 each (like oyster cards). We took the metro to Tyson's Corner which was about 30 minutes away.

Just the walk from the metro station to the shopping centre was soooo cold that I was glad we weren't going to be outside.



We did a little bit of our Christmas shopping including Lego for Ellis and Hayden. We also bought Rob's mum a candle and holder. I also picked up a Pandora charm for my boss. 

Once we were finished with our shopping we headed back to the hotel for a rest. We had a fairly lazy afternoon and evening catching up on some of our favourite HGTV shows and takeaway pizza in the room for dinner.

(14717 steps, 6.22 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment