Friday, December 7, 2018

2 weeks with the family... are we crazy?! Day 10

9 Oct

Today we had breakfast at the villa before heading across to Premium Outlets. 

I stocked up on some jeans in the Levi Store (for some reason I can’t find my preferred style anywhere else) as well as some new work trousers and some bargain Disney bits. 

I had some sort of cheesesteak sandwich (I think it was turkey) and Rob had a burger but I don’t seem to have a photo. 



The rest of the gang also came to the outlets but they made their own way around the shops.

We dropped off our shopping at the villa and then got ready for the Halloween party.

Rob, mum and I headed off earlier than the others (she was starting to feel a bit better and so was keen to get there!)

We arrived at the Magic Kingdom just before 1800 and picked up our treat bags and then as we had some time we took a quick ride on the People Mover. My wristband was too tight so I went to see if I could get it swapped for another one, I borrowed some scissors to cut it off and then got a new one which was much better 

We met the rest of the group at the entrance to the bypass and we just wandered around for a little bit until the party officially started. 

We hit lots of treat stops and did a few rides along the way including The Little Mermaid, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder before the fireworks started.

We headed to the Plaza Gardens (the opposite side to the dessert party) to watch the fireworks and luckily it was open and quiet so we found space to sit and before the show started. 



The fireworks were amazing as always – Hallowishes is my favourite display especially now that Wishes has been replaced. 





Once the fireworks were over everyone except Sharna and Leona (plus Rob and I) decided to go home so they left and we headed into Frontierland to find a spot to watch the parade.

Whilst we were waiting I realised I hadn’t got an event pin so I popped into the store and got the only style I could find. Rob also popped and got himself some Jack Skellington lights. 

Parade was good as always although there was no headless horseman due to rain earlier in the day 





After the parade had finished we headed towards Main Street hitting a few more treat spots on the way. We watched the last Hocus Pocus show at midnight before leaving the park at around 1230 using the resort monorail as the express was really busy as normal. 




We were back at the villa at about 0130 with 4 bags of candy between Rob and I and the rest of the group had collected about 12 bags! 

No comments:

Post a Comment