Friday, July 15, 2022

The 3 week Sept extravaganza – which turned into a 2 week trip in June with a cruise! Day 5 - MM

Thurs 16th June

This morning we were leaving Bay Lake Tower so we got up (early) sorted out all of our stuff and made ourselves breakfast.



We had lots of stuff with all of our drinks and snacks etc so needed 2 trips to get everything to the car.

On my return to the room to collect the remainder I discovered housekeeping had already started cleaning (was just before 11) even though we told them we would be back.

This is one of my annoyances with DVC as we rarely get a room before 4 and so I don’t see why I should not be allowed to stay until 11 on those occasions that we move resorts!

We drove across to Animal Kingdom Villas (Kidani) and stored out bags with Bell Services. We checked in at a desk as a cast member at Bay Lake insisted we didn’t need to do check out and I didn’t want to risk mobile check in as we have always had issues on previous trips (and our room charging had not worked on the first day at a resort on this trip).

We took a little look around and found the pool (which we had never visited on previous stays) then we found a seat in the lobby to wait for a little while.

We decided to take a walk across to Jambo to get a late lunch from The Mara and while we were at Jambo we got our ‘room ready’ notification at about 1400.



We went back across and as we approached our room it became obvious why our room was ready – it was located on the Pembe Savanna so even though we had a savanna view there would be no giraffes (I know this is the very definition of a first world problem).







We had a little rest before heading to Hollywood Studios where we were attending the DVC Moonlight Magic event.

We arrived at the park at around 7pm and after going through security we were given our wristbands and vouchers for snacks.

I wanted the popcorn bucket so we went to Pizzerizo and in no time at all I had a bucket and some salty popcorn.


We had a little walk around as we hadn’t been to Studios on this trip. I attempted to eat some of my popcorn but there was no way I could finish it so in the end it had to go in the trash.



We decided to use a couple of our vouchers before the main event started as we knew there would be less food and drink venues open during.

We chose Backlot Express and got a soda and a Wookiee Cookie (which I took a photo of and my phone apparently didn’t like it.

Found the photo!


It was a bit sweet even for me and despite sharing it we couldn’t finish it.

Next up we decided to go on a Star Tour which was a walk on and our flight only had about 10 people on it!

Leaving some of the headliners until the park officially closed we picked Toy Story Mania next and this was also pretty much a walk on. Rob as always beat me!

The line for Slinky Dog Dash was relatively short although I think it said it was a 40-minute wait (I think the park had closed now) and so we got in line we got literally to boarding and it broke down.

We were going to wait and see but they offered us paper passes and told us we could use the lightning lane when it was back up and running.

As the park was now closed we decided to see how long the wait was for Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, we pretty much walked straight into the pre-show which was great.

This was the first time we had been on the attraction since it changed from the Great Movie Ride. I actually think I preferred the new version although I still miss GMR.

At this point I think we went in search of the complimentary Mickey bars and found them near Indiana Jones. As I wasn’t able to get one of these on our 2021 Disney Cruise I was ridiculously excited (even though I could have been buying them since we arrived and hadn’t).


Next up we went back to check in on Slinky Dog Dash and it was back up and running so we used our passes and were on the ride in just a few minutes. This ride is really cute (but we don’t appear to have got our ride photo sadly.

We had missed the deadline to get in the line for Rise of the Resistance so instead decided to go to Smugglers Run where we again walked on and were given the role of pilots. I apologised in advance to our engineers and gunners but it actually wasn’t too bad.

We had popped into Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities earlier in the evening and it had been packed so we couldn’t really see anything. We thought we would take a look and it was practically empty. We had a little look and somehow ended up leaving with Luke Skywalker’s lightsabre for the bargain price of $198.07 (with DVC discount).



We decided not to try and ride anything else but picked up some more drinks with our remaining coupons and oddly this queue was one of the longest of the night.

We stopped into the shops on our way out but managed to avoid buying anything else, we had a short walk to the parking lot and were back at the resort just after 1am.

No comments:

Post a Comment