Saturday, April 27, 2024

The trip that I am not planning! Delaware section

Friday 29th

This morning we had breakfast before we left, as usual we decided to force Jennifer and Tom to come shopping. I am not really sure why they keep inviting us back 

I’m pretty sure this was the morning that the French press (cafetiere) broke after Tom made me a cup of the Christmas coffee 

We hit the big names - Costco, William Sonoma, Target – I got some theatre boxes as normal but sadly no bargains in William Sonoma this time 

A new French press was purchased in Target!

We got lunch at the dog place (which is otherwise known as Purebread – very similar to Panera Bread). I had the classic grilled cheese and tomato soup and Rob had a ‘jack russell’ which I have no idea what was inside.



Oh, we also went to Lowes (is any trip complete without one?) and Rob found a lawnmower that he wants 


Shopping over we headed ‘home’ and weirdly I haven’t made note of what we did. I suspect we watched some HGTV but I can’t be sure!

We decided on dinner at Goobers which is a diner nearby which we have been to previously.

I got a club sandwich and the all-important chocolate milkshake, Rob had fried chicken and mash. Tom had fish and chips (and prepared to be disappointed as he said it’s never as good as a British one) and Jennifer had chicken parmesan.






We were having a nice meal until Rob cut open his second piece of chicken which appeared to be completely uncooked (there was a lot of red inside!)

We obviously sent it back but I’d be lying if it didn’t put us all off our food slightly. Jennifer felt bad for suggesting the diner…..but we had previously had very good meals here.

We walked back to the house and watched some of HGTVs Barbie Dreamhouse – prompted because I watched the Barbie movie on the flight.

In good news, Rob was fine!

Saturday 30th

We had breakfast at ‘home’ again before we dragged Jennifer and Tom to Christiana Mall where Rob and Jennifer both got some new sunglasses and we spent some time in Bath and Bodyworks!

Some of these photos were taken at home :)




We had lunch at Jersey Mikes before visiting the Container Store and we also went to Marshalls and Home Goods.

We also went to a new shop (to us) called 2nd & Charles which had books, puzzles and loads of other stuff. I’m sure Jennifer got some books.




We then went to Wegman’s as we knew that most places would be shut the next day (Easter Sunday) so we got some food for the next day (which included pizza for the boys to make).

I was taking photos and video of this train that goes around above part of the store. One of the staff stopped to tell me the story behind it but I didn’t make notes  I tried google but it’s a bit vague.






Essentially, the train carriages all have a purpose relating to the store and they were in a specific order. It was quite interesting and hilarious because the others were teasing me for videoing it!

We picked up some (birthday) cake for dessert and when we got back we ordered Chinese. Rob and I had a curry which was a bit spicier than I expected but not in a bad way.





The cake was amazing and we even saved some for the next day!

We watched some more of Barbie’s dream house before bed.


Sunday 31st (Easter)

We had a somewhat lazy day as the shops were closed, and I am sure Tom particularly was relieved by that!

I know I had a muffin for breakfast accompanied by some coffee but weirdly I have no photo…..oh well you all know what a muffin looks like.

I then had a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch – courtesy of chef Tom, I have taken a photo of this!


We then moved onto the Lego portion of our trip as Jennifer and Tom had bought the Lunar Lander 










We decided we should leave the house and do some exercise so we went for a walk around the neighbourhood but I was too busy chatting on the way around to take photos!


Rob and Tom made pizza for dinner (although I think Jennifer went healthy on us and had a salad!) and we had the rest of the cake as our dessert!



We watched the Barbie movie before bed (as Rob hadn’t seen it – he was less amused than I was) and Rob entertained Mocha.

No comments:

Post a Comment