Saturday, November 29, 2014

A short notice November trip... with a twist! Day 9 - Hollywood Studios and the Osborne Lights


8th November

We had a really late start due to the party last night (how old do we sound?!) When we did eventually get up Rob did some ironing as most of my tops had been returned quite crinkled. Boring stuff done and we headed to Hollywood Studios for our last park day of the trip.

We decided to get an early lunch at Backlot Express, we both had the turkey sandwich although in hindsight we should have shared one. I had booked all of our fast passes for the afternoon/evening and due to the irritating tiering we had picked Toy Story over Rock n Rollercoaster.

We decided to see what the standby wait was for Rock n Rollercoaster, it was posted as 60 minutes but we decided to get in line anyway. We entertained ourselves in the line using our phones and our actual wait was about 45 minutes so not too bad. The ride tends to bash my head a little bit but I still love the launch at the start :)

We took a leisurely wander across the park and decided to watch Muppetvision, I think I was expecting something a little more like Philharmagic but it was still cute. We continued our wandering and stopped to watch the little Jedi’s training; I so wish I could do this but I’m too old :(

We took a quick break in the Backlot Express for a drink before it was time for our Star Tours FP. The wait time was around 30 mins so it wasn’t too much of a waste, this ride is really clever and we like all of the different sequences.

In preparation for the cooler evening we popped back to the car to collect our jumpers along with my Minnie ears and Rob’s lights.

By the time we got back it was almost time for our Toy Story FP. I really tried my hardest but Rob still beat me :( We then had a little wait before our dinner reservation at Sci Fi so we watched a little bit of the pre show for the Osborne lights.

We checked in for our dinner and it turned out that they were closing earlier than normal (I think it was connected to the Wine and Dine half marathon). We were seated in the middle of a car between 2 other couples; I ordered the turkey sandwich with fries and Rob had the picnic burger. He started to feel full so he didn’t eat all of his burger as he wanted a dessert.

I had the candy bar for dessert and Rob had a sundae I think. After dinner we took a quick wander through the Osbourne lights before our final FP of the day.
 






So, having saved the best ride for last we went across to Tower of Terror for a spooky ride :) We decided to turn off our lights so as not to spoil the ride for everyone, it was brilliant as normal!
 
 
We were going to leave after ToT but in the end decided to go back and watch the lights some more; we decided to try and track down all of the hidden Mickey’s – as a result I have loads of photos of the lights!
 
 
 
We ended up staying until the last time the lights danced for the evening before heading back to our room.

No comments:

Post a Comment