Sunday, November 18, 2018

2 weeks with the family... are we crazy?! Day 3

2nd Oct

This morning we were up at around 7.30 and got breakfast again at hotel. I had pancakes and Rob had a muffin - used one quick serve credit.

This morning we decided to take the car to Animal Kingdom while the others took the bus. We popped into Guest Relations to check on the price to upgrade our tickets to annual passes and were quoted $177 each! 

The others arrived and our first ride was the Safari which was pretty good – we actually saw the lion for once. 







Next up was Everest and then we decided to split up for a little while. I’m pretty sure that Rob and I went to Pandora first to look at lunch options but they didn’t appeal but I did get a drink with a snack credit – I think it was the Night Blossom which I enjoyed. 

Rob ended up getting a pizza for lunch at pizzafari where we stayed for a little while as it started raining. So, I used another snack credit on an orange drink I think?! Both drinks would have cost over $5 so not bad use of a credit!

We went across to the shop as the rain had slowed down, we found the family in here so then all headed to Pandora for our final FP – Flight of Passage.

Everyone (except Charlie and Leona) loved this ride and it was brilliant to see the whole ride without someone screaming this year. 

Rob’s parents headed back to the resort for a rest while I managed to book a FP for Kev, Sharna, Charlie and Leona to do Kali River Rapids. Blake wanted to go back on Flight of Passage and somehow, I picked up a second FP for the two of us. 

Rob was going to ride as well but he went back to collect his parents as we were having dinner at Sanaa. We agreed to meet at AKL, which was fine except it took Blake and I ages to find the others and then we waited an age for a bus! We arrived just in time for our reservation. 

Rob and I both had the bread service to start (5 naans) and then chicken, beef and paneer with rice. Neither of us particularly like any of the non-meat options so I think in future we might ask them not to bring them out. 





We both had the chocolate mousse for our desserts which were great as always. Rob’s mum had not been feeling well (for most of the trip but especially tonight), so I told Rob to take everyone else back to the hotel (we only had 8 seats) and I caught the bus to Disney Springs where he met me and after a short wander we headed home ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment