Saturday, October 22, 2022

Sightseeing in Seattle and Adventures in Alaska Day 8

24 Sept

A later start today as we were at Sea, it was slightly ‘choppy’ but not really enough to worry us. I’m afraid we took very few photos as a result.

There were however bags on the stairs and we heard several people commenting on how much movement there was overnight.

You could really see the movement if you went to the front / back of the ship, which just shows what a good job all the stabilisers etc do.

We once again had breakfast in the MDR; I had the fruit plate then we both had omelettes and I had a croissant and Rob a muffin.




It was chilly and foggy / cloudy today, the Captain was at times sounding the horn due to low visibility. I decided to get a coffee and then we relaxed for a bit.

We decided we should go to the gym as there was not a huge amount of activities that we wanted to do today.

I did 2 miles on the treadmill (although I used a machine that was in kms so had to judge the distance using my apple watch….which I later found underestimated the distance).

I then did a few weights and then 10 mins on the elliptical. I might have worked off a tiny amount of the cake I have eaten over the last few days!

We got some more drinks then watched a movie (Wonder Woman 84) in our room.

Finally, after a quiet day we had dinner at Coastal Kitchen, Rob had the iceberg wedge and I had mushroom risotto to start.



Our mains were pork loin and rack of lamb, these were both really good!



Dessert was crispy chocolate bar for me and Royal chocolate cake for Rob plus Iputu (our server) brought us some mango/tropical sorbet…..he clearly thought we needed even more calories!




No comments:

Post a Comment